Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Saturday Wedding at the Commander's Mansion

This Saturday April 30th, 2011 Move It Music DJ and Lighting will be the DJ for Brian and Katherine's wedding ceremony and reception at the beautiful Commander's Mansion in Watertown

I met with the couple just last week and I must say, I am very excited for this event!  Both the bride and groom seem very fun and are looking forward to a great time.  We are taking care of the music for the ceremony first.  We have an excellent compact ceremony setup that will be perfect for this occasion.  The entire bridal party will be walking into "Mothersbaugh Canon" by Mark Mothersbaugh, from the Royal Tenenbaums Soundtrack. Its a very nice track but a little short - I may have to loop a section of it and then just fade out the ending.  Katherine will be walking down the aisle to the "Humming Chorus" from Giacomo Puccini's opera "Madame Butterfly" very unique!  After the ceremony is over we really get to see this couple "fun" side as then walk back down the aisle as husband and wife to "ABC" by the Jackson Five - so fun!

With the reception ready to begin - bridal party intros are in order!  The newlyweds have chosen some great movie themed tracks to introduce their friends and family such as "Star Wars Theme," "Rocky Theme," "Oingo Boingo" from Weird Science, and "You're The Best Around" from the Karate Kid. I am really looking forward to these - the crowd will be going crazy!  Once into the ballroom, the Bride and Groom will have their first dance to Queen's "My Best Friend," which they have a surprise choreographed number that they will perform! AWESOME

Overall they have left the dancing music up to me. I am excited to see what the crowd will look like and I plan on using dinner to feel out what the guests will ultimately vibe to.

I am really looking forward to working at The Commander's Mansion in Watertown this Saturday and I will update this blog with some fun and interesting moments from the wedding. - DJ Jimmie Espo - Move It Music DJ and Lighting